23 November 2007

Thanksgiving Drafts

The students third rough draft is coming up; it's due the Monday after Thanksgiving Break. The due date was supposed to be the Monday before break, but things got pushed back and the students had some work to do over break. Initially, there was some groaning, but I stepped in and told them I had work due on the actual Day of Thanks. Yes, it is an online class and we are at will to get our work done, but none-the-less, there were things due on Thanksgiving.

The students really have three choices for their essays - I will not explain them here. I will, however, go over the main ideas. As this is a sort of environmentally based unit, topics focus on environmental ideas - global warming, war's impact on the environment, animal rights, the food industry, etc. I have made my contributions to the intellectual information that was expelled towards the students, but upon returning to my apartment on that sunny Monday afternoon before Thanksgiving Break, I found something else that would help the students.

I opened my door to find my that my mailbox had sprung open and spewed forth my mail onto the concrete sill-way between my screen and wooden doors. Apparently, my mail box can not hold magazines too well, and there on the floor was the December issue of Harper's. In this month's issue is an article regarding animal rights, and the white mouse that has become so loved in science laboratories all over the world. It raised some interesting points, and it could have been of use to the students, not only for it's content, but also because it was current. I read the article, made sure it was relevant, and e-mailed The Professor who then e-mailed the rest of class. Exciting, eh?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

From activity stuffed exhibitions to minutest insights concerning all the world cup competitions, Cricket PSL fans can get everything.